RETURNED GOODS POLICY & PROCEDURES
PURPOSE This document provides the procedure for the return of goods that are damaged or incorrectly supplied and for the reporting of shortages or defective products. POLICY GREENCOAT only accepts returned goods for the following reasons:
All damaged goods received by the customer must be reported to GREENCOAT within two business days (48 hours) of delivery.
Upon delivery, visible damages must be noted on the Bill of Lading, the name and signature of the person receiving the damaged good and the carrier driver’s name and signature.
Damages that are not reported on the Bill of Lading must be held until an inspection of the carrier is completed and a report is issued. The customer may request an inspection of damages. GREENCOAT will contact the delivery carrier for an inspection. Once the report is issued, GREENCOAT will issue an authorization to return product. A copy of the inspection report and a Return Goods Authorization must accompany the returned product. Whenever possible, a picture of the damaged good must accompany the inspection report.
No credit will be issued without the report showing damages on the Bill of Lading at the time of delivery or on a carrier’s report.
GREENCOAT will only pass a credit if the goods are being sent by GREENCOAT carrier . If the customer has used their own carrier the liability will be on the customer to claim from their insurance/carrier.
The customer should inspect the delivery for visible shortages as well as concealed shortage upon arrival of the products. Please note discrepancies on the Bill of Lading. The Bill of Lading must show the shortage discrepancies, accompanied with the name and signature of the person receiving shipment and the carrier driver’s name and signature. Concealed shortage must be reported within two business days. Claims made after this period will not be honoured.
No credit will be issued unless shortage is noted on Bill of Lading or reported within 72 hours.
WRONG SHIPMENT OR INCORRECT ITEMS
All wrong shipments or incorrect items must be reported to GREENCOAT within two (2) business days (48 hours) of delivery.
GREENCOAT Customer Service will arrange for pick-up of goods from customer. All incorrect items will be corrected to customer specifications.
GREENCOAT will arrange pick up for defective goods for inspection. If the product is defective a credit will be passed to the clients account or the product will be replaced.
If a product is not defective after inspection by GREENCOAT the cost of courier will be for the client’s account and a credit note will not be passed.
RETURN OF A SPECIAL ORDER
No return of special orders will be accepted unless the product is defective. A defective product must be reported immediately after the defect was noted. GREENCOAT will arrange a pick up for defective goods for inspection. If the product is defective a credit will be passed to the client’s account or the product will be replaced. If a product is not defective after inspection by GREENCOAT the cost of courier will be for the client’s account and a credit note will not be passed.
GREENCOAT will charge a 20% handling fee on stock accepted as a return that is proven not to be faulty and GREENCOAT is not obliged to accept the return in terms of the CPA. GREENCOAT will only accept return of products that were purchased within 30 days.
1. To request a Returned Goods Authorization number, the customer must contact Customer Service or email a request for the return item.
2. The request for the return of an item must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, the customer must provide their name, email and telephone number, product description, quantity, a copy of packing list, and reason for the return.
3. All concealed damages and shortage claims must be made within two (2) business days of receipt of the goods.
4. Goods shipped in error by GREENCOAT are to be reported within two (2) business days of receipt to Customer Service for the issuance of a call tag/carrier’s pick up.
5. Credit will be issued after receipt of returned goods. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for credit to be posted to account.
6. Credit will be issued at the original invoice cost.
7. IMPORTANT: No credit will be issued without a report showing damages on Bill of Lading at the time of delivery and pictures of the damaged goods.
The returned product must meet all the following criteria:
1. A copy of the written authorization must accompany returned merchandise.
2. All shipping cartons and labels must have a Return Authorization Number.
3. If shipping by a common carrier, a delivery appointment must be made at the GREENCOAT Factory.
4. Non-Direct accounts should return all products purchased back to their wholesaler or distributor. Third Party Processors may be utilized, however, credit will only be issued for those items eligible within the boundaries of this policy. Credit for returns processed by a third party will be issued through the designated wholesaler only.
5. Products must be in original packaging only (NO repackaged product will be accepted).
Credit will not be issued under the following conditions:
1. Merchandise returned or destroyed without prior authorization from GREENCOAT.
2. GREENCOAT reserves the right to destroy, without recourse, all unauthorized merchandise returned.
3. Products not purchased directly from GREENCOAT.
4. Items damaged by the customer’s own carrier.
5. Items damaged by improper storage and fire.
6. Bankruptcy sale.